ALŽBĚTA CANDIA MUÑOZ, MA
I have been working as a therapist since 2014. I am a certified psychodynamic psychotherapist and certified child Gestalt therapist. I´m member of the Czech Association for Psychotherapy. I graduated from the Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague (Dpt. of Social Policy and Social Work).
I have completed:
- eight-year complex psychotherapy training SUR (psychodynamically oriented psychotherapy)
- postgradual training in Gestalt therapy with children and adolescents in the Institute for Gestalt Therapy Training (IVGT)
- I am continuing my Postgraduate training in Gestalt family and couple therapy :-).
- basic EFT training in therapy for couples focusing on emotions (Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples), a
- course in dynamic work with the therapeutic sand tray – Sandtray/Sandplay Therapy
- Sandplaying – Use of sandpit in diagnostics and psychotherapy (PhDr. Alena Vávrová)
- training sessions on Biosynthesis approach for work with children and adolescents.
- I completed the basic part of the training in Somatic Experiencing – psychosomatic training in working with trauma
I still like to supplement my education in other different therapeutic fields and related areas. For example:
- Scenotest and diagnostics by play – PhDr. Pavel Humpolicek, PhD. (Hogrefe Test Center, 2022)
- Webinář/Playshop with Maggie Kline, PhD. – A Heart-Centered Resilience Roadmap for Trauma Healing
- Webinar with Peter A. Levine: Trauma and Memory – How the Brain and Body Search for a Living Past (Somatic Experiencing, Trauma Institute)
- Trauma Checklist (TSCYC) – assessment of traumatic symptoms (the likelihood of PTSD) in children aged 9 to 12 years (Hogrefe-Testcentrum)
- Crisis intervention in the context of biosynthesis (Czech Institute for Biosynthesis, 2018)
- Trauma treatment – The Unconditional model according to Anneke Lucas (Czech Institute for Biosynthesis)
- Narrative meetings – four topics (lecturer Chana Rachel Frumin, 2018, Institute for Systemic Experience-Management Centre, Jerusalem)
I work in the organization HoSt Home-Start Czech Republic (specializing in work with families at risk; www.hostcz.org) which I co-founded in 2003 and have been faithful to ever since. I am the Director of HoSt, I am also a methodologist for work with families at risk within the system of the social and legal protection of children, and a psychotherapist for children, adults and groups. I participated in the development of a specific method of work with families called Family by Play as an expert guarantor and a methodologist.
I have experience working with families in Tanzania where I spent some time. In 2009 I co-founded an organization helping families threatened by extreme poverty, violence and poor health conditions in Tanzania. (I had been supporting the organization as a volunteer until 2017).
I am a regular member of the Czech Association for Psychotherapy, an honorary member of the Chamber of Social and Legal Protection of Children, and in 2018-2020 was a member of the Home-Start Worldwide board of trustees.
My surname, perhaps somewhat less easy to remember and pronounce, is due to that fact that my husband comes from Mexico. We have two children (quite lively boys) and we are at home both in the Czech Republic and Mexico (where we are part of a large and boisterous family). Inevitably I have had experience with different cultures and life styles.
I like spending time with my family travelling around Mexico or having a good time at the weekend cottage, with a glass of good red wine, reading a book by Ben Aaronovitch.
I love life with all its variety, but I am no stranger to great losses and pain. I have always found humour to be my good guide in life.